Allow setting Build Information WorkItems
Currently Push Build Information API and command line ignores values set on WorkItems field, only to auto populate with values once one of the Integration extension is enabled.
Please allow Push Build Information API and Command line to
- Set WorkItems with values set on request
- Do not override values even if Issue Tracker extension is enabled
Thomas B commented
Please also note that often the internal url will be different from the external one.
I don't know how the system retrieve issues details from the different commits, but the could be problems if using internal urls.
Edit: As suspected, the server tries to use the URL in the json directly, and fail because this URL is an internal one.
All the new issue system connectors are only aimed at cloud / public services. You will never be able to setup an internal on-premise server with this connectors.
As suggested, you should be able to :
- accept to upload work items details with the package information
- add a parameter to provide a custom buildinformation.json file
Thomas B commented
I agree with this suggestion. The current system does not allow to have multiple on-premise services.
Even with that, accessing JIRA or Azure DevOps server from the octopus deploy server is often not possible.
Why not simply allowing to push work item details with the build information ?
Alan Baldwin commented
I strongly support this. A few problems I see witht the current approach:
- The Jira integration plugin is configured at the global level. This means if different spaces have different Jira instances, the WorkItems don't work. Only one Jira instance per Octo instance is supported.
- As the OP wrote, if the integration extension is disabled, the Jira links are not accepted. They are basically ignored. I honestly don't see any reason for this extension to exist and parse the links, and would allow teams to push any sort of link they like, in order to support any issue tracking system.