Skip to content

Product Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1458 results found

1. The new GitHub Repository Feed Type looks very nice! It would be really great to see the same of functionality with GitLab.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →
  2. There seems to be no way of comparing variables between releases. Having this feature would give confidence that only expected variable changes make it into a release

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  3. It should be possible to mark/tag a specific release.

The reason is that we are building a lot of release candidates, but only some of those actually forms a final release, that can be installed at our customers environment.

By marking/tagging these and highlight them in the GUI, it is possible for people to see if an official release is installed at an environment or not.
    This should always be the case in production, and it would be nice to quickly have an overview of that is the case or not.

See also this discussion:
    http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/8125-marking-a-release-amongst-release-candidates

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →
  4. Support vor databases other than SQL Server.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Octopus tool to generate Report based on
    1. What's Deployed ?
    2. Who Deployed ?
    3. Deployed To Where ?
    4. Who Approved ? (Manual Intervention Step)
    5. When did the deployment Take place (Week Day & Weekend deployments)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently (Octopus 3.2), I can choose to have a release's version number use a template, or to use the version number of one of its NuGet packages. What I would like to be able to do is apply a release version template to a Nuget package version.

For instance, if my NuGet package is named MyApp-1.23.456.7890-rc1, and I want the release version number to be 1.23.456, I should be able to set a template such as #{Package.Version.Major}.#{Package.Version.Minor}.#{Package.Version.Patch}, or #{Package.Version.Major}.#{Package.Version.Minor}-#{Package.Version.Tag} to produce 1.23-RC1.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability for Octopus to run all PowerShell scripts on Tentacle as signed using the Tentacle certificate.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow tagging environments with keywords to group similar environments together. Then use these environment tags on the variables page to scope variables to groups of environments without needing to specify each environment separately.

For example, we have US and Canada dev, QA and prod environments. It would be nice to tag the US dev, QA and prod environments with the "US" keyword and the Canada dev, QA and prod environments with the "Canada" keyword.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/788

Sometimes tools that do expensive things will generate a list of this is what I would do if. Would be similar to the deploy button, but would validate variables in powershell, and would show what the expressions would be if it did run.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be useful to be able to set the value of octopus variables as part of the octo.exe create-release command.

In our case, we would like to use some values from the build server in our web configuration (branch name). We are currently able to work around this by including the branch name in the package name (we could alternatively write it to a text file in the package), parsing it out using a regex and setting an octopus variable using a powershell script but it it cumbersome and fragile. Additionally, variables set from powershell scripts cannot be used…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be more convenient to store XML transformation files in octopus project's configuration, not in source code hence it:

• pollutes source code
    • pollutes destination folder
    • divides configuration info as configuration info is stored in several places instead of one.
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be very helpful if you provided an octopus github app in the github marketplace as a way to auth when using github feed/github credentials.

Azure Devops and Terraform cloud currently provide this functionality and it is very helpful as it acts as an organisation service account rather than any 1 individuals account.

Currently if I create a PAT token for octo to use and then I leave the company that puts the other development teams in a bit of trouble, not to mention the security implication of any other user in octo being able to act as me.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →
  14. Amazon ECR supports pushing Open Container Initiative (OCI) artefacts to repositories. This includes Helm charts.

However, Octopus does not support pulling Helm charts from OCI sources.

I'd like to see this support added.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently, the only way to set up AWS authentication for an ECR external feed, AWS deployment target, community library task, etc, is with an IAM user secret such as API access keypair. Our product secrutiy team has exlicitly forbidden use of secrets such as keypairs like this and requires everything to use IAM role authentication via role assumption.

It would be lovely to replace the access key and secret key inputs with a single input for an IAM role name to assume into in order to get the needed credentials. The authentication and login could then execute on workers with…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  16. When deploying a project that is composed primarily of a large number of Nuget Package steps (say 50 or more) the "Apply retention policy" step that runs after all packages have been deployed can take a significant amount of time to run, which slows the deployment down (seen ~10 mins).

While it may make sense to help optimise this by breaking the process down, it would also be useful to disable the retention policy from being applied, and allow it to run overnight or when deployments are not taking place. If 10 deployments like this run a day, this can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  17. When running a deploy with child steps, the overview only shows the parent and not the progress of the children.

Suggestion, show the children on this so you can see how far through the parent you are.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. We should increase the functionality surrounding Auto-Deploy for when an individual deployment fails during the process. Some ideas that have been mentioned:

1. A toggle that changes the current behavior of auto-deploys to NOT mark deploy as failed if the initial first deploy was successful. This would make sure we continuously try to deploy to new instances.

2. A variable that informs steps which type of deploy is being performed. This will let us recover from failed auto-deploys and have if-statements in certain steps that can be skipped during auto-deploy.

3. A retry button ( also via API ) of a specific auto-deploy.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My deployment process includes a PowerShell script process. From there, I execute another script (part of the app package) with the -verbose switch/argument.

Yet the verbose output is not captured.

It is my assumption that when Octopus runs the process script, it does not include the verbose switch/argument, and thus the verbose logging is being "swallowed" / ignored.

1. PowerShell scripts should include an option for VERBOSE logging

2. Write-Verbose within PowerShell should be captured (and accessible) SOMEWHERE

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  20. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)