Skip to content

Product Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1458 results found

1. When a deployment fails and must be retried, clicking "Try Again" brings up the screen with all the original settings for the deployment with one exception - the "Deploy to a specific subset of machines" section has been reset and will include all machines in the environment.
    This could easily result in deployment to unintended machines.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  2. Our developers are allowed to deploy to QA 24/7, but only to production in a specific time slot Monday-Thursday from 8-11am.

Could be cool if this was a environment specific setting in Octopus. Each team should have unique values for this setting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Octopack creates the package after build but before /t:publish - It needs to build after publish to make it more robust
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165431(v=vs.110).aspx

Source: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/24345

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. http://octopus-deploy.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/18000-project-specific-nuget-feed

TC exposes artifacts to users that has access to the project that has generated the artifact. In order for our OD to be able to pull packages from a TeamCity nuget feed the configuration must supply credentials to TC.

With nuget feed configuration being global there is no way I can prevent one project from accessing the artifacts from another project.

In addition to the global set of shared nuget feeds, each project should have its own set of private feeds.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be nice to be able to restrict deployments to certain environments ( for instance the production environment) from being able to happen on certain days/times. IE only at weekends or only after 8pm

At the moment I use a powershell script which just throws an exception which stops the deployment but it would be nice to have this built in. Especially if it could be linked with the "Schedule a Deployment" idea. Then if someone tried to deploy it could say unable to deploy at this time do you want to schedule for the next available time.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow each individual determine what deployment emails they want to receive. Users on multiple teams, or large deployment teams, are bombarded with hundreds emails a day. Giving the user the ability to tell the system they only want to receive failures, or no emails at all, would provide a better user experience. Alternatively, if this is not possible, allowing the system to have a single designated email for deployment notifications. This would allow the users to designate something like a Teams Channel to receive the notifications, and cut down on the amount of emails being sent in general.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  7. Just upgraded to 2019.1 - the Spaces navigation item bothers me a lot. We only have one space, and don’t want more spaces (and won’t upgrade our license), yet I can’t seem to find an option to remove this. Something to add under Configuration > Features?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scenario: I am about to promote my new release to production. My release is clean (i.e. I'm not getting the "something has changed warning"). However, a week ago, someone made an errant change to the production transform for a shared library set variable. If I deploy, it will break due to that variable change that I don't know about. I don't have a good way to detect this before I hit deploy.

Request: On the deployment screen for a release, provide the ability to diff that release's variable snapshot against the variable snapshot from a previous release that was deployed…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let target roles be bindable like most other fields.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ScriptCS will no longer be supported under .NET Core.

Please enable support for dotnet-script (https://github.com/filipw/dotnet-script) so that C# scripts can be executed under .NET Core

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  11. Octopus Deploy does not currently enforce the completion of all steps in all environments. This leads to at least two scenarios that may not represent the desired workflow:

1. Steps skipped in previous environments are not necessarily skipped in later environments
      e.g. a database script was not applied in Integration but was applied in User Acceptance Testing, when the intention was for User Acceptance Testing to have skipped the same steps that were skipped in Integration to ensure both environments are the same.

2. Promotions can take place when steps have been skipped in previous environments
      e.g. a database script was not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create task jobs for recurring tasks. Use permissions to control task jobs by environment, project, node.

The QA Team could be assigned permissions on a task job to run an iisreset on all servers in the QA environment or particular projects in the environment. Dev Leads could restart Windows services on individual nodes in Dev. Right now a user has to be an Octopus admin to run a custom shell script but we don't want the Dev teams to be able to affect production. I'd rather just create a task job so Dev or QA does not mistakenly run the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have created a powershell step template to ensure that a package exists at MyGet to work around their eventual consistency ahead of attempting to fetch the package for deployment. In order to utilize this step template, I must also remember to include the script module that it depends upon. It would be great to be able to attach script modules to "run a script" step templates so that you don't have to remember to add the module in addition to the step itself.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Admin →
  14. We normally have builds and releases for two concurrent branches: develop and master. These are distinguished by version number. Currently for example master is on 3.8.0.x and develop is 3.8.1.x. Most of the time new release packages are only generated for develop, but occasionally a hotfix is needed and we get a release package for master.

The list of releases in Octopus Deploy is sorted chronologically, so the releases for 3.8.0.x and 3.8.1.x are all in one long list. It can be pretty hard to find the one lone 3.8.1.x release in that list when we want to deploy the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Web Sites extensions: http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/06/20/azure-web-sites-extensions/

How amazing would it be if you could add in an extension to your Azure Web Site that can connect to a OctopusDeploy server and register that website in a particular envionment with a particular role and have NuGet packages deployed to it?

It would be a much nicer ootb experience then the current Azure Web Sites Web Deploy library item (which is definitely awesome, but it's not very seamless).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →
  16. The .net SessionState provider uses the IIS site ID as part of the key used to access a session when working in out of process mode. If you are running a site in a webfarm these ID's need to be kept in sync with each other otherwise as requests bounce around the servers a different session will be accessed.

It's probably not a big issue as more complex set up's will probably be using custom set up scripts but I think it'd be a very easy feature to add.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/662

When setting up a user in a team you can currently set Projects and Environments on the team, but if I setup a team as "Project Deployer" they do also get view access for all environments and machines, though they cannot do anything more then viewing.

I would very much appreciate if you could add in a "Roles" field as well in the team setup, so that the users in the team only can see the Environments (Machines) with the same Role.
    As default (If no Roles are specified) all Environments (Machines) should be visible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Octopus Deploy penalises you for using PaaS resources over IaaS.

We currently use VMs which are capable of hosting many web services and only consume 1 deployment target on our licence. If you were to convert that same VM to an Azure App Service, you would consume far more licences for the same server power, which sucks.

e.g.

A single Virtual Machine hosting 15 web apps in IIS costs only 1 deployment target

A single App Service Plan hosting 15 web services costs 15 deployment targets

TL;DR; Azure App Service Plan should consume 1 deployment target regardless of how many…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instead of only allowing explicit tenant selection, add the ability to select the tenants to execute the runbook for by their tenant tags when adding an new scheduled trigger.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The GoogleApps authenticator in Octopus is excellent. However it limits you to specifying a single 'Hosted Domain' and rejects otherwise successful authentication if the user's email address domain does not match that one domain.

We have a couple of use cases where we would like to allow multiple domains (with just one instance of the the GoogleApps auth):

1) We operate two brands and so have Google Apps addresses for two domains. We can only enable one on of them for Octopus.

2) We would like tenant users to be able to have limited access. It would be ideal if…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 10 12 72 73