Product Feedback

Product Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be very helpful if you provided an octopus github app in the github marketplace as a way to auth when using github feed/github credentials.

Azure Devops and Terraform cloud currently provide this functionality and it is very helpful as it acts as an organisation service account rather than any 1 individuals account.

Currently if I create a PAT token for octo to use and then I leave the company that puts the other development teams in a bit of trouble, not to mention the security implication of any other user in octo being able to act as me.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're currently using Octopus to manage our Kubernetes clusters, but we're interested in transitioning to a GitOps Pull Model (rather than the current Push based approach where the Octopus Server is executing kubectl commands against our clusters) in which (in a similar fashion to the polling tentacles Octopus already offers), a service would run within our clusters and periodically
    poll both git repositiories and docker registries/helm feeds for changes and sync the cluster state accordingly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a prompted variable to ask the deployer to enter a ticket number. If they enter anything other than a number my automation breaks. So I would like to restrict the user input to being only a number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Octopus is getting used more and more with Linux and CLI tools in the Linux ecosystem. Those tools often output ANSI codes, particularly for color.

Most of the time it's possible to turn the color output/ANSI codes off but the lack of color can make deployment logs much less readable.

Other tools in the CI/CD process do support basic ANSI codes (color), eg. Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Jenkins etc.

As an example of log output that is much more difficult to read without color: terraform plan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use SCIM to provision groups for Teams integration between Azure AD and Octopus. I submit GitHub Enterprise Managed Users as an example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This would be useful for replacing values especially in the values-file from Chart Package or Additional Package. With this feature we don't need to have variable replacement syntax in our source-files.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm using Octopus Deploy inside a Kubernetes cluster, however I want to deploy to that cluster as well..

I'm using https://kubernetes.default.svc which is the local endpoint of Kubernetes, typically thats all thats needed as the pod running already has a built-in token used to access Kubernetes via /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/token

https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/run-application/access-api-from-pod/

However the UI is complaining "Authentication" is required, so unfortunately, I was required to create another token just to have access.

Can we allow authentication to be optional or an option to use a local cluster?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I could not find any way to get the branch name for a release in the given environment for a Project.

My requirement: There are around 40-50 projects in my organization, there are different-2 environments like Beta, UAT and Production. and source control branches are also different-2 for each environment and there is no naming convention followed by people. So It's very hard to know for a given project and environment what is the repository and what is the branch name.

I tried with Octopus. Client library, But could not get this information. So it would be great to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now that we can store git credentials in the library, we would like to use those centrally stored credentials for GitHub Repo feed settings as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to see a pre-deployment preview of the contents of the package so that I know what the script path will be without having to guess the script path.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would assume* it's mostly a case of adding linux-arm64 as a runtime argument.

Octopus is the /only/ thing that's preventing me from moving my TeamCity agents to Amazon t4g instances. I can accept that the plugin for TC maybe more involved but can we atleast get a build of the cli supporting ARM so that I can manually post manually to Octopus.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Octopus Deploy penalises you for using PaaS resources over IaaS.

We currently use VMs which are capable of hosting many web services and only consume 1 deployment target on our licence. If you were to convert that same VM to an Azure App Service, you would consume far more licences for the same server power, which sucks.

e.g.

A single Virtual Machine hosting 15 web apps in IIS costs only 1 deployment target

A single App Service Plan hosting 15 web services costs 15 deployment targets

TL;DR; Azure App Service Plan should consume 1 deployment target regardless of how many…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Kubernetes likes to consume hashed values, e.g. for Ingress basic auth we need to provide a secret where the password is already hashed, e.g.: "admin:$apr1$QVF90yb6$JxGT0BWDpw0negAzDy3YT."

This forces us to have two variables: one for the password and the second for its hash

And that may become a problem in the future when we will update one and forget about another

In an ideal world will be so nice to just add something like #{Password | Bcrypt} as a value for a Kubernetes secret

Also, it is a good spot for other algorithms like Md5, Sha-X, ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Generally, once a deployment is triggered I tend to change browser tab and continue with other work. Sometimes, I miss a failed deployment due to continuing with work and assuming everything has been successful. It would be great to have a sound that is triggered from the browser tab when a successful or failed deployment has happened. It would really help me cut the feedback look and notify parties of success / failure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a deployment has failed, it shows on a tenanted dashboard as the latest release, when I'm wanting to know which version was last deployed/currently active (our deployments rollback if unsuccessful), but right now there's no way on showing only success deployments.

It would be a great feature for this to be one of the Advanced Filters options.

Also, maybe as a side and could be a bug, that latest release number, even if failed, actually shows up as the current released version when doing a multi deployment i.e. using the Deploy To window

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On the Deployments -> Overview page, instead of just an = operator when filtering by release, it would be very helpful to allow filtering by >= and <= operators. It would also by very helpful to filter just on major and minor release numbers as well or both independently.

Ex 1: filter by all tenants on major version X or greater
    Ex 2: filter by all tenants on major version X and minor version Y or less (to find everyone impacted by a specific bug)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The reason beeing that Azure CLI and Azure RM commands are context sensitive in regards to subscriptions. If for some reason you have Azure Accounts with access to more than one subscription you might be unable to use scripting to manage those resources, since the Azure Acccount's default subscriptionId might not match the resource's subscriptionId.

My suggestion would be to just add a new field/setting/variable for all Azure resources that Octopus stores information about, where you already take care of the ResourceGroupName and treat it exactly the same.
    Azure provides the information in the same context at the same level,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be a "table" view of tenants. Table columns should be customizable and and there should be the ability to filter. This way I can easily modify variables.

Lets say I have a variable indicating which web server my app is assigned to. And I get a new web server. I could look at this table, sort or filter on the web_server variable and assign tenants/apps to the new webserver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tenants  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have successfully set up an AWS ECR package feed and can find the Helm charts I have pushed there when I test the feed. However, ECR feeds do not show in the dropdown for package source in the Helm step.

I also tried using the oci:// address of the ECR as a Helm Feed, but receive the message "Only 'http' and 'https' schemes are allowed. (Parameter 'requestUri’).”

It would be great to be able to use at least one of these as a source for the chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow running Execution Containers directly on a Kubernetes cluster without a configured worker.

The blog post here describes how to run workers on a Kubernetes cluster: https://octopus.com/blog/kubernetes-workers However, this approach has some challenges because it uses a long-lived container on the cluster to do the work.

It would be great if we could get an option to run ephemeral Execution Containers directly on a Kubernetes cluster without the need of a worker. Or, if instead of having long-lived worker containers on the cluster that directly run tasks, the workers only acted as a "broker", and tasks using that worker launched…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?