Skip to content

Product Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. Hello, mostly in our projects we have two steps with two different packages one for database migrations and second for application itself

All applications share same database so migrations package is also shared

Suppose we have two environments: test and prod and projects A, B and brand new C project

Brand new C project was deployed to test environment first time week ago now it is time to deploy it to production

But if we will deploy it as is it will deploy week old migrations package which might brake projects A and B

So the question is: is there…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to create a step template to run some Postman test suite. For this I thought to pass the test files and environment files to the package. Extract the package somewhere, run powershell in the extracted package and call newman (command line runner for postman).

But I can't add a 'Package variable' to a step template (like for a deployment step.

It would be nice to have this as variable for a step template. In the process, you would then get a dropdown with the available packages, and a dropdown with the possible packagefeeds. The script would then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  3. We have the need to comment on which variable name is sensitive to a deployment environment and which variable is a deciding factor for a feature. It's neat to comment values per environment however, the comment per value might not help telling what the purpose of the variable is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently the Tentacle retention policies keep the currently deployed release, plus a user-defined number of older releases for the client.

Since retention policies don't run until after a successful deploy, this means that there's a minimum of 2 deployed versions on each Tentacle.

I would like it if Octopus would be able to clean up the prior release once it successfully supplants it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  5. PowerShell hosts such as the PS command line and ISE visualize percent complete (as a progress bar), action text, and status text if Write-Progress is used within a script. It would be nice if the Octopus task log web UI showed that as well. Just as with other PowerShell hosts, it's not something that would be part of the permanent task log so maybe it would show up as part of the header for a task running on a particular server.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I found it quite hard to catch whether the variable is used in the step or config/file substitution. I would like to have possibility to view a post deployment report with information what variables were used, were they used in the step or substituted in the config/file. This report would give me an idea what variables can be deleted without any hesitation and feel more confident in the next refactoring. I am doing it from time to time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Our uploads are slow and unpredictable. We would like the option to pre-upload packages to the tentacles so that the actual deployment time is more predictable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be very helpful to be able to assign a custom color to an environment, so when viewing the process page, it would be very easy to tell which steps may be filtered by environment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since the resolution of this issue: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2792
    a tenant can only progress lifecycle phases if that specific tenant has been deployed for the previous phase. This meets the intended design discussed in the RFC(s) which is to ensure releases are deployed to environments for a specific tenant in the correct order.

The canonical example for this is: "For certain customers we are required to deploy a release to their UAT environment before promoting that release to their Production environment."

This suggestion is to allow a tenant to progress if X other tenants have been deployed for a phase, where X…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we please get a feature added to SKIP steps if the package associated with the step has already been deployed to a target. This seems like a fundamental feature that would be included with the product. If the package associated with a step is less then or equal to the associated package already applied to the target skip step and all child steps, go to next.

Scenario:
    - 10 Unique Services Rev'ing as part of the release
    - Project Includes Steps for 10 Unique Service Deployments
    - 3 applications are changed, and get pushed to the repository
    - Project…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It might sometimes occur that a replacement token is not (yet) defined. OctopusDeploy uses verbose logging to add this to the deployment logs ...

Would it be possible to make this configurable, so I can decide that, in this case, I want my deployment to stop or fail, so I don't end up with partially correct configuration files ...

If this should already exist, please point me in the right direction ...

Thank you in advance!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to configure scope for a whole variable set, which would then automatically scope the variables to the scope's set.

A good example is to have a variable set for each environment, where the environment scope would be automatically applied, but this could work with any of the scopes.

This would lower the risk of manual errors and speed up configuration.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When downloading the raw package, the server should support range headers so that a partial download can be resumed.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7233

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a text field on the machine to leave notes to help increase the communication across a team. A machine may need to be disabled for a reason, that another team member does not know about.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved Filtering options on the Dashboard. Example: If I want to filter by Role, For instance "UI-01" and I want to see all projects that are deployed to servers in Role "UI-01" You would see, All Environments attached to Role "UI-01" and any projects deployed to one of the servers in this Role.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A useful UI feature would be to show the current status of a release on the Release page for a project.

If the deployment failed on any environment it could show a "Failed icon and for a successful release for all environments a "Passed" icon.

Example:
    16.6.33 Default [Passed]
    Assembled Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:56 AM

16.6.30 Default [Failed]
    Assembled Wednesday, March 22, 2016 9:10 AM

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Assuming Deployment scripts requires some administration privileges to during the deployed, This will help Teams to configure, execute Admin related scripts.

Please note this features should be configured by Project Administrators to avoid any issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently a release is created when a named package is published to the internal Nuget repository. However, some of my projects have quite a few packages and the build process publishes them one at a time which has resulted in a release being create with one new version'ed package and a load of old ones.

Could we specify multiple packages or a something more clever?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When scheduling a deployment it would be good that this sends an email notification letting other users know that a deployment is going to take place. At present you can only send a notification when a deployment starts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to use the Nget package version in my OD release version so that shows up in the dashboard. In the project settings you give the option to do so which is great. But if you select this option and attempt to make process changes to the project you need to create a new OD release. When you attempt to do so, OD says you need to change the version number and it will only allow 4 parts to the version name.

I think the release number should have the option include multiple sections, the Nuget Package version…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →