Skip to content

Product Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. We need to put multiple certificates into the trusted people-store, and number of certificates must be configurable in one step.

Tried putting multiple certificates into the same scope for a variable, that only published the first one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  2. Support an indent filter in variable substitution extended syntax so that multi-line variables can be outputted with an indent of a specified number of spaces.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When deleting a release from a target machine according to retention policy, option to also delete the custom directory (and its contents) that release was installed to. This is for custom install directories that are named with {Octopus.Release.Number} as part of the name.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like this feature to be improved. Currently, I can only specify task cap for all environments in Configuration > Octopus Server Nodes page. My suggestion is to have possibility to specify number of tasks per environment as I do not mind to run 5 tasks in parallel in internal environments and 3 tasks in parallel in Live. So, altogether 8 tasks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to the current NuGet features where you can use OctopusDeploy as a private NuGet service to store your deployments, it would be great to also have OctopusDeploy act as a private Docker registry.

Looking at the upcoming Docker integrations, it would make a lot of sense to have this functionality. As opposed to running your own private Docker registry and only using OctopusDeploy to pull from it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great if you add features from Deploy package step to Transfer Package step. At least Custom deployment script feature would be very useful.

Scenario:
    1. We deliver package to target
    2. We want to run some kind of script which could push this package to HTTP server or something. We don't need those packages to be unpacked, because it takes a lot of time.

We want to use this scenario in Octopus because we already have configured environments and don't want to duplicate it in any other place.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the ability to 'favourite' or 'star' the common projects that you work with in the UI (on a per user basis). These projects would either be the ones shown by default (with all projects available to view if requested), or the favourite projects would be shown first in the UI with others below.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We would rather the package upload (as a single file) to a VM tentacle in the cloud and deploy from there. This will allow us to quicken our deployments and essentially save load on our office internet pipeline.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  9. This is so that packages with long file paths can consistently be deployed regardless of the environment or server it is being deployed to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In most cases, when you create a relase where NOT all steps(packages) are included, you wish to deploy the same steps to multiple Envirnoments. Today you have to select these same steps for each environment you wish to deploy to.

By moving "Skip/Include package(step)" to the Create release page the number of necessary clicks will be reduced, and it will be easier to see what is deployed in the different environments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I add, remove, or change steps in a project, in order to have a release use those new steps, the release must be deleted and re-created. doing this, all history of this release is lost.

I would like to be able to refresh a release's step (similar to refreshing of the variables for a release), such that it can be updated without losing its history.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After scheduling a deployment for only a subset of servers from an environment, the task shows as queued, but there are no details as for what servers are targeted or what steps are going to be executed.

It would be helpful to have deployment details displayed in such a task.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be nice if when adding a manual intervention step I could select an 'Anyone but Deployer ' option that would mean that anyone except the person doing the deployment could approve a deployment.

It might also be cool to have a generate captcha option, so that the user has to fill in a google captcha before they can approve the continuation of the deployment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  14. We want to be able to use a trigger to create and deploy a release of a project (using a specific channel).

At the moment the project relies on a prompted variable so we are unable to do this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Octopus is getting used more and more with Linux and CLI tools in the Linux ecosystem. Those tools often output ANSI codes, particularly for color.

Most of the time it's possible to turn the color output/ANSI codes off but the lack of color can make deployment logs much less readable.

Other tools in the CI/CD process do support basic ANSI codes (color), eg. Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Jenkins etc.

As an example of log output that is much more difficult to read without color: terraform plan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We have a case where we want to have a runbook to handle restoring Databases from different sources to different targets.

To handle this we have a form sheet with prompted variables.

But we also have the case where we want to do a restore daily to one of our databases. To do this we would need to be able set a trigger and also to set the prompted variables within that trigger.

I understand this can be done through the API currently but would rather see this in the UI.

My workaround for now is to duplicate the runbook…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a project leader I should be able to group variables on Octopus UI. This can be just logical separation.

This solve the problem with linked variables and help mange them.

For example It could collapse elements that are in structure - for example: db.username and db.password can be collapse as elements of root db or by labeling variables and then can be filtered by using specific label, for example - db.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to assign a manual intervention, or "Approval gate", at the environment level, independent of project.

We have many projects that can be deployed to our environments. The lifecycles these projects can deploy to have a mix of Dev, CI, Test and Production environments. Some important environments require approval before anything can be deployed to them (e.g. QA, PreProd, Production).

At the moment I have to add manual intervention steps to every project that could be deployed to those environments. I also have to make the intervention steps are conditional based on the environments they're going to (i.e. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,

OctoPack / Octo.exe currently does not support the latest nuget XSD spec, and fails to run when newer elements are used in the nuspec:

Repro steps:

1. Create a new nuspec file with all the defaults and inside it add a repository element inside the metadata element. Example:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2010/07/nuspec.xsd">
      <metadata>
        <repository type="git" url="https://github.com/user/repo" />
      </metadata>
    </package>

1. Run OctoPack or Octo.exe with the pack command, and the following error will be shown:
    error OCTONUGET: The element 'metadata' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2010/07/nuspec.xsd' has invalid child element 'repository' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2010/07/nuspec.xsd'. List of possible elements expected: 'iconUrl, references, contentFiles, title,
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Admin →
  20. Add StorageAccount to Azure Targets. Azure storage accounts now support creating static website in a blob in a storage account, so it would be much appreciated if it would be possible to deploy to a StorageAccount on Azure as part of the Azure Targets. Please use SAS key instead of requiring the installation of ServicePrincipal

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 26 27