General

1. Scope variables by Date

Add the ability in the variable editor to set a variable value to only be used during a specific date range. Dates should be able to exclude year. "Every Oct, Nov, Dec" for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move the Load More/Load all buttons to be closer to tenants

In multi-tenant implementations, the Tenants screen only shows 30 tenants. When the left side list of Tenant types, upgrade rings, hostings, etc, exceeds the height of the list of tenants, the "Load More and Load All" button/link is pushed to the bottom of the page and requires a user to scroll to see there are more tenants to choose from. This has caused us to miss several tenants when making configuration changes because it looks like we are seeing all tenants on the screen.

I have a screen shot but I don't know how to submit it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to disable some standard step templates

We want to standardize on some templates that all developers can use for their deployments. That because we need to add compliance checks on all code before promoting to Production.
    the 'Run custom script' built-in step is dangerous because that opens the opportunity to do more or less anything.

As an Octopus admin I want to disable some of the built in step templates.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an Octopus Terraform Provider

Like many others, we use Terraform to manage our cloud infrastructure and it would be great if we could create and manage our octopus setup in it too.

This is a follow up to the question posted on the Octopus Help section: https://help.octopus.com/t/any-plans-for-an-octopus-terraform-provider/20853

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add project groups as filter to subscriptions

It would be nice to filter subscriptions by project group. We have hundreds of projects and I wanted to subscribe to a subset but even that would require a lot of time to pick an choose projects. in addition, as we add new projects, we would need to update the subscription. if we could filter by project group, then any projects in that group would automatically get a subscription.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow collapsing environment sections on tenant project variables screen

It would be very helpful to have a way to collapse the variables by environment when on a Tenant's Project Variables screen. Currently it shows all of them at once, but we have 10-20 variables for each one, so even having a tenant with two environments can quickly become overwhelming and difficult to scroll through. A simple toggle at the end of the environment bar to collapse them would greatly speed up our interactions with the screen.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a GitLab Repository Feed Type

The new GitHub Repository Feed Type looks very nice! It would be really great to see the same of functionality with GitLab.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Support for Azure Stack (On premise Azure)

Please add support to connect to Azure Stack to Deploy VMs, Appservices ...etc

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add repository retention feature for external feeds

Add repository retention feature for external feeds. I'd like to be able to manage package retention on external feeds in the same way that they are managed for the internal feed automatically deleting unreleased packages after a number of days

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support freeze/blackout schedules for deployments

With an increased release cadence, it would be nice of Octopus supported the idea of creating freeze/blackout calendars that would either (by setting) outright prevent deployments (possibly allowing with authorization by a particular team) or display a warning that the deployment is taking place during a freeze period.

Ideally we would be able to associate these freeze calendars with projects or project groups, specify whether it is a warning when deploying or prevents deployment, and in the latter case which team or teams would be able to authorize bypassing the freeze.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to use run conditions for child steps

The only way to specify a rolling deployment is by grouping several steps into one parent step.

Child steps cannot specify any run condition (success, fail, variable) but some child steps run condition can be based on several factors controlled by run conditions.

I already opened a discussion here: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/55380-add-ability-to-use-run-conditions-for-child-steps

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clone channel

It would be very useful to be able to Clone a Channel.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a map of Azure App Settings as an Azure feature

Add a deployment feature to the Azure Web App step that maps Azure's AppSettings and Connection Strings to Octopus variables. It was suggested to use a script to do this on your blog post (https://octopus.com/blog/azure-functions), but this would be much more valuable as a built-in feature since it is such a common scenario.

I've uploaded an example image of what I imagine the UI would look like to: https://imgur.com/a/BwL4Tuh

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Version rollback, or viewing of previous versions in Step Templates

Hi OctoDeployers! My team have been working on standardising a lot of the work we do in Octopus, and its great that the step template function allows us to create and edit standardised steps, and then roll them out to our projects.

One challenge this has presented however, is that if you introduce a defect when updating the version of the step template, there isn’t a way of:

Seeing the previous version of the step template to confirm your changes
    The ability to roll back to a previous version of the step template.
    You can perform some of this functionality…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Visual compare of variables between releases

There seems to be no way of comparing variables between releases. Having this feature would give confidence that only expected variable changes make it into a release

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support creation of releases in child projects during "Deploy a Release" step

The new "Deploy a Release" step is great! However, it was unclear to me at the time of setting up the steps that the "Deploy a Release" step does not actually support creation of a release before deployment--the release must already be created in the child projects before deploying.

While this step is definitely headed in the right direction, in my opinion, I would think this feature would be even more useful if it also supported the ability to create a release in the child project(s) before deploying.

The package versions are already supplied to the projects when creating the…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Setup channel settings at group level

Chaps,

Would it be possible to add a "project group" level configuration for channels? In my situation i have a number of project groups each containing a number of projects. Every time we need to make a tweak to the channel setup, i end up having to apply the same change to each project one at a time...

Not the end of the world, I know, but i'm inherently lazy and would very much like to control this once per group. Maybe with an option to override on a per project level?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support slack as a subscription type

It would be incredibly useful to be able to set up notifications to slack channels directly from a subscription, rather than having to hack it together with Zapier.

A selector to pick which channel to send the message to would be lovely as well.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow deployment to Google Storage buckets (without gsutil)

We serve some of our content from Google Storage Buckets - its nice and simple and avoids the cost of running VMs
    However, we have to write post deployment scripts that run gsutil in order to get our "apps" into the bucket
    Would be great if this was supported natively in Octopus Deploy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scope Phases to Tenant Tags

It would be great if we could scope a Lifecycle Phase to a Tenant Tag.

The reason for this is to be able to Target a Phase to specific tenants. For example. When rolling out a release to production we want to limit the impact by doing a Phased roll out. The tenants in each Production Phase are deployed the same way.

Currently the only way to achieve this is to create a new Environment for each Phase. But this also means that every variable and process step that is scoped to the Production environment also needs to be updated…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base