General

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add ability to use run conditions for child steps

The only way to specify a rolling deployment is by grouping several steps into one parent step.

Child steps cannot specify any run condition (success, fail, variable) but some child steps run condition can be based on several factors controlled by run conditions.

I already opened a discussion here: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/55380-add-ability-to-use-run-conditions-for-child-steps

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support creation of releases in child projects during "Deploy a Release" step

The new "Deploy a Release" step is great! However, it was unclear to me at the time of setting up the steps that the "Deploy a Release" step does not actually support creation of a release before deployment--the release must already be created in the child projects before deploying.

While this step is definitely headed in the right direction, in my opinion, I would think this feature would be even more useful if it also supported the ability to create a release in the child project(s) before deploying.

The package versions are already supplied to the projects when creating the…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Support for Azure Stack (On premise Azure)

Please add support to connect to Azure Stack to Deploy VMs, Appservices ...etc

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. rpm

support RPM package format for linux. specifically, (a) deploy RPM packages as-is (via native commands such as rpm, zypper, yum, etc.), and (b) query rpm database so that deployment status (i.e. current version) for any tentacle is kept in sync with reality (i.e. don't just assume that last version deployed from Octopus is what is currently deployed)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cancel Multiple Tasks at once

Be able to cancel multiple tasks at once. For instance, I can schedule tasks to over a hundred tenants easily, but if something comes up and I need to cancel these for some reason, i must cancel each one individually.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dashboard re-order ability

One can reorder the environments any way that they see fit while looking at the environment page, but is there a way to reorder the dashboard page instead of the default alphabetical order?

No.

I would love to be able to put the more important project(s) on the top and the lesser ones below it. I also do not want to change the name to reflect this by putting "A_blah", "B_blah".

So I would like to be able to have a re-order ability for the dashboard.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tentacleless deployments using WinRM

Now that Octopus Deploy can do deployments via SSH, it seems like it would be fairly simply to implement the ability to do deployments by connecting over Windows Remote Management (WinRM).
    Agentless deployments is a selling point used by other deployment tools, and now that Octopus Deploy can do "agentless" deploys via ssh, it would make sense to enable the same support for Windows machines as well using native Windows functionality.

This would provide several potential advantages depending on the deployment infrastructure:
    - No service needs to be running on each deployment machine
    - No additional firewall port needs to…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deselect Tenants under Preview and customize

When deploying; If selecting "Include all applicable Tenants", and there is a issue with one of the included tenants you have to deselect all, and add them one by one.

I suggest that when "Include all applicable Tenants" is clicked, the possibility to deselect a specific under tenant under 'Preview and customize' tab would be much wiser.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google Cloud Registry Support

Provide support for google cloud docker registry

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Let's Encrypt support to the Certificates Library functionality

I love the Let's Encrypt integration with the OD server. Setting up SSL for the server is so simple, and I don't even have to worry about renewals as this is taken care of for me.

Now imagine this same functionality for all of your IIS sites.

This is how I envision it could work

- I go to Library > Certificates > Add certificate
    - I'm given the option of importing a cert (i.e. the current functionality), or I can chose to use Let's Encrypt
    - After picking Let's Encrypt, I'm prompted for a bit of info- domain, email…

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow configuration transforms for JSON files

Currently the Configuration Transforms runs configuration file transforms on XML formatted config files.

It would be useful to enable config transforms on JSON files as well, e.g. an appsettings.json file.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate Web Portal From Application

To keep in line with security best practices...

It would be incredibly useful to be able to separate the Web Portal from the Application server.

This would allow for greater control and will enable "physical" separations of duties for the administration/configuration items from the deployment items.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to loop a deploy step where multiple roles and role scoped variables are present

Have a scenario where I need to deploy the same package multiple times **on the same set of servers** under different custom directories and different IIS web applications. There are role scoped variables which get picked up for custom installation directory and also appsettings.

I understand that the documentation under https://octopus.com/docs/key-concepts/machine-roles clearly states:

"This means that the step will only execute on Tentacles with at least one of those roles. This does not mean that if the step is scoped to multiple roles that it will run for each role. Instead it will run that step for all machines that…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support Powershell scripts on Linux

Now that Powershell is cross-platform, please support running Powershell scripts on Linux

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. import variables from json

Ability to import project variables from a JSON file under the Project page.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add last date modified field to Variable Views

Add a last date modified field on variables. I think it would be very useful, so it's evident where regression may have occurred between releases and so on if someone makes an update in a group access setting. I know the audit table is useful in this regard, but takes significantly more digging to parse. If you really want to get fancy, show the date, and then if you click it, an audit popup of the last n times it was edited, what date, and by whom.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement "next step" and "previous step" buttons

The idea is to have two buttons on the top of our process steps which allows navigating easily between steps process.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to run Powershell script via -Verb runAs (i.e. right click, "Run as Administrator".)

We ran into this problem because as a part of our deployment process, we need to stop a service (which isn't a part of our deployment), clear a cached file that the service was holding onto (which IS a part of our deployment), and then restart the service.

Even though the Octopus tentacle has admin rights, and can start/stop a service via the control panel (i.e. log on as the Tentacle user, open the Services cmdlet, and you can start/stop services), to do so via a *Powershell* script requires you to right click on it and selected 'Run as Administrator',…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Copy Tenant variables from one Environment to another

For every Tenant + Project + Environment combination, there are Tenant variables to fill out. When adding an additional Environment that is to have similar variable values, or if you need to swap out the Environment for a different one, it would be nice to be able to effectively "copy" the Tenant variables from the existing Environment into the new one. Otherwise you are left to manually copy variables.

Sensitive variables could be tricky but hopefully doable.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support deployment of Azure Function projects

Support deployment of Azure Function projects

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base