General

1. The Version best for mobile

To let you know and myself which version is best suited for Android, IOS, Microsoft, or other mobile network operators

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Long Project Name with no spaces

For long project name that does not have a space in their name(underscores), the 4.0 UI should truncate instead of names overlapping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable a user to be setup who can only deploy a specific project to specified environments

Have created an Octopus project that restarts services. This removes need for testers to go on to box to restart services. However I only want to be able to give the testers the ability to deploy a project to specified environments. The Project Deployer role includes permissions I don't really want these users to have; e.g. ability to change steps and variable values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Octopus deploy server listening on multiple ports

Making Octopus deploy server listening on multiple ports for communication with polling Tentacles:

Octopus.Server.exe service --stop
    Octopus.Server.exe config --commsListenPorts=10943+10944
    Octopus.Server.exe service --start

It may be useful for listening 2 instances of Tentacle of the same machine.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clear up nomenclature re: Automatic Release

You have a feature that you can enable on a Project called "Automatic Release creation". First, there's a distinction in Octopus Deploy with respect to a "Release" and a "Deployment" of a Release. In OD, first you create a Release. Then you Deploy a previously created Release. When going to setup Automatic Releases, it asked me for the Release Creation package step and the Channel. The first question alarmed me because it seemed to indicate that the created release would be subsequently deployed--which is what I don't want. I want to automatically create a release, but manually deploy (I'm deploying…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New-ExternalOctopusArtifact

We regularly surface artifacts in Octopus - usually through the script console, but sometimes within deployments. This is great.

However, we'd like the ability to surface an external resource as an artifact. For instance, a hyperlink to a test report generated by a third-party and called via API during a deployment step.

I initially saw this as different optional arguments on New-OctopusArtifact, say "URI" and "LinkText", however they may warrant their own cmdlet instead, and maybe their own subheading under "artifacts" when surfaced

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tagline Idea

The first one is free!

"So easy, a mollusk could do it!"

Cheers!

Tim and Edward
    Thales, USA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base