General

1. Re-think the new UI! It is awful!!!

To be honest I am not sure why you changed your UI. Other than a bug when adding variables, it was fairly good. My suggestion is that you need to put a lot more time into your UI. The UI for version 4 is awful, sorry but it is and the version 3 was much easier to use. It took me an hour to figure out that what I thought was a table header for the variable list was how you add a new variable, was not clear it was an input form. You hide way too many things, took…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bug in Step Template Usage

There is a bug in v4.1.7 on the steptemplates/ActionTemplates-7/usage page.

When viewing usage for a step template, the page displayed 'This template has not been used by any projects yet.'

But when I attempted to delete it, I was warned that the template was used by a whole list of projects. I don't have access to those projects, so I suspect that the usage page is only reporting on usage within projects that I have visibility over.

I'm not sure that I could have actually deleted the template, but it would be better if the usage page checked all projects.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently by design. The deletion check also needs to look at deployment processes that have snapshotted (i.e. deployments still in the system and not cleaned up by retention policy) however this operation can be expensive so it was best left for checking when the action is attempted rather than every time that page is loaded.

3. Revert back to the old UI

since I thoughtlessly upgraded to Version 4.0.x I cant use the GUI in an intuitive way any more.

Such a "touchy" shit everywhere, :-((

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate IIS and Config features step from Nuget deploy

Currently setting up IIS is part of the Deploy Nuget Package step and so are a few other config steps.

It would be useful to be able to have setting up IIS, and other config, as a separate step. That way you can view the steps performed clearly and do something if that specific part fails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. import users AD

It should be possible to import users from AD rather than having to wait for them to login for the first time before you can assign them to a team. We have already AD enabled our server.
    As an extra feature, it would be nice if groups used in teams are resolved. That would mean it is possible to see the effective set of members when configuring the team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Showing users in AD that aren’t in Octopus is a little bit backwards to the way our auth system works at the moment. In some of the later work around AD integrations you can now use AD teams as a permission object in Octopus to ensure that as soon as they do log in, they have the appropriate permissions already available

7. When a dashboard filter is applied, it remains set until cleared

When a dashboard filter is applied, it remains set until cleared.

Once I have filtered the dashboard, I might open multiple projects based on that filter. When I return the dashboard, I would like my previous filter to be retained so I do to re-filter to see the next project

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base