General

1. Port Octopus to .NET Core

Moving Octopus Server/Tentacle/Calamari to .NET Core would extend the reach of Octopus Server to other platforms.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have recently made good progress on getting Tentacle running on Linux via netcore and expect it to be available in the next couple months. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3596

As for Octopus Server on Linux, we have also started working on this effort however the current focus is for internal use for running Hosted Octopus. There are some additional complications that come with running Octopus on Linux particularly in the context of “run on the server” and s a result I wouldn’t expect a version of this to be available until mid-year at the earliest.

Most of our other additional tooling and libraries like Calamari are now available to be run on netcore and run on Linux.

2. Install Octopus Server on Linux

I'm in a Linux/Mac shop where chef server is the next best thing. If only I could install the Octopus server on Ubuntu the world would be perfect.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Environments per project

The problem is, when you have multiple projects, is not very common that they share the same environments.

"Production" for "Project A" means a very different thing than "Production" for "Project B". Different machines or group of machines in case of a web-farm, for example (Deployment Targets).

Currently, the only way that this could be solved, is by creating custom environments per-project (ProjectAProduction, ProjectBProduction), as discussed in the support site (http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/10999-environments-per-project)

But this is more a workaround than an actual solution. The home page Dashboard gets really messy, because you can't filter environments for certain projects.

I think…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base