General

1. Port Octopus to .NET Core

Moving Octopus Server/Tentacle/Calamari to .NET Core would extend the reach of Octopus Server to other platforms.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Install Octopus Server on Linux

I'm in a Linux/Mac shop where chef server is the next best thing. If only I could install the Octopus server on Ubuntu the world would be perfect.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Environments per project

The problem is, when you have multiple projects, is not very common that they share the same environments.

"Production" for "Project A" means a very different thing than "Production" for "Project B". Different machines or group of machines in case of a web-farm, for example (Deployment Targets).

Currently, the only way that this could be solved, is by creating custom environments per-project (ProjectAProduction, ProjectBProduction), as discussed in the support site (http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/10999-environments-per-project)

But this is more a workaround than an actual solution. The home page Dashboard gets really messy, because you can't filter environments for certain projects.

I think…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base