General

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow wildcards in subscription fields

For installations with lots of things it would be helpful to filter subscription events by wildcards. For example, "Prod*" environments to include all production environments.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Automatic, on-demand regeneration for server<->tentacle certificates

As per https://octopus.com/blog/shattered

SHA1 -> SHA256 upgrade is currently manual (or custom scripting). It would be good if Octopus could manage certificate regeneration on-demand, with an option to choose an appropriate, current cipher.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Change the ReleaseEdit Role

The ReleaseEdit Role permits for updating the release variables, but it also allows for editing the release version, the deployment package that it deploys, and the Release Notes.

The ability to update the release variables should be a separate role, say: ReleaseUpdateVariables, from editing the release version and package versions.

ReleaseEdit should cover updating the release version, and the deployment package version it deploys.

I'd also suggest adding third role for updating the release notes: ReleaseupdateNotes for appending to (but not otherwise modifying) the release notes.

The idea is that different user should be able to be responsible for updating…

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Grant access to Test Permissions to non Octopus Admins

Our security and audit team could benefit from access to the Test Permissions function on the Team page as it would allow them to see an aggregation of all permissions granted to a particular user and how such permissions are limited in terms of scope.

Currently this feature is only available to Octopus Admins. If a user has TeamView, UserRoleView and UserView permissions, then the Test Permissions feature exposes nothing that cannot otherwise be derived via the Teams and Roles pages. The key word here is derived. Manually building a map of users and permissions through these "keyhole" pages is…

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Append domain name to the beginning of the AD group name in a mixed domain environment

In an environment with multiple domains (such as `DOM1`, `DOM2`, and `DOM3`) you may have an Active Directory (AD) group in multiple domains with the same name (such as `ITSupport`). When you add the AD group `ITSupport` from two domains to an Octopus Team it lists ITSupport twice but it doesn't show which domain they came from. It would be better if it showed the domain name too such as `DOM1\ITSupport` and `DOM3\ITSupport`.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Showing number of installation of Community contributed step templates

Hey

As a user I would trust more on "step templates" which are more popular, for example there are 3 slack integration , but which one should I add. It would be great if you show number of installation of each.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Make it possible to specify the version of a step template

I've just installed the File System - Clean Directory step template from the community library and I'm getting the error listed here - https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Library/issues/588

It would be useful if the UI allowed me to choose an earlier version of the step template as I now can't use the imported version. This would also be a concern if I had just updated a step template and the new version didn't work for some reason, I have no way to go back to the previous version.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Further implement RBAC

Properly implemented RBAC means Users in Teams have specific permissions, on specific objects. And no permissions at all on all the other objects.

E.g.: Currently Users in the role of Project Contributor, assigned in a Team, with a Project Group set to it, can still perform edits in projects out of their scope.

My intended use is for 'Business' Users to be assigned to a Team which allows them to see only their own projects, and not anything else. In these projects they should be able to promote a release to Production (or other stages).

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Allow audit items to display the actual Date/Time

Currently the audit screen only shows when an item was deployed or changed with 'x days ago', 'x minutes ago' etc.

It would much more useful to able to provide this information to an auditor (say when undergoing a SOC II audit) if this was the actual date/time.

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • [Error] profile gravatar is incorectly displayed - default logo is covered by Gravatar

My profile logo is displayed incorrectly
                      open profile screen
                      check profile logo
                      default logo (octopus) is covered by my gravatar (both graphics are displayed, but gravatar is on an upper layer)

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Environments per project

The problem is, when you have multiple projects, is not very common that they share the same environments.

"Production" for "Project A" means a very different thing than "Production" for "Project B". Different machines or group of machines in case of a web-farm, for example (Deployment Targets).

Currently, the only way that this could be solved, is by creating custom environments per-project (ProjectAProduction, ProjectBProduction), as discussed in the support site (http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/10999-environments-per-project)

But this is more a workaround than an actual solution. The home page Dashboard gets really messy, because you can't filter environments for certain projects.

I think…

33 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          started  ·  5 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Include the project group field in reporting

We have started using the reporting feature and it would be really useful if the project group could be included with the data. We are dealing with a large number of projects so being able to filter reports by the project group is essential.

Many thanks,
                          Doug

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add Channel to Dashboard (filter)

Project dashboards allow tracking the deployment across multiple channels. I'd like the same capability on the MAIN dashboard... preferably as a filter.

as commented in https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/11719014-add-channel-to-dashboard

if proj A has chans A1, A2, and A3, I'd like to be able to see all or some (perhaps only A2/A3) on the main/home dashboard

10 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Add a "Run Now" button for any step

I think during the edit of any step there should be a "Run Now" button.
                              The run should show a small popup to select the environment (and remember it) and then it should just run the step as is on the screen in that moment.

The results of the run should appear inline (or on a side bar) so I can edit/change the step and click again on "Run Now".
                              ATM to test a step during create/edit requires a lot of ceremony: Save Step, Create Release, Deploy Release, Select Environment, Click Advanced, Skip all other steps, click Deploy, review the…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Lock down a scroll bar on the dashboard page.

. We have LOTS of environments (Horizontal Titles) and apps and not being able to see what app is where is a pain. I know you can filter, but it would be better at times to see the Big Picture.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • to implement the following features

I would like to suggest you to implement the following features in the product:
                                  - I would like to be able to remove a step from the process when view it;
                                  - I would like to have possibility to export step as JSON from the process when view it and create it easily from the copied JSON (just paste JSON to the text field and click Create button). Very useful when I copy some changes from one project to another;
                                  - I would like to get a statistics for the variable set or compiled list of all variables for the…

5 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow Teams to have a Team Administrator

Currently only Octopus Administrators have permissions to update team membership.

We should be able to elevate users to Team Admins for that team which would allow them to only update the membership of that team.

10 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Make Better dashboard management

Have the ability to search for Builds that you want to add to your dashboard. Having 100+ builds within many groups, finding that 1 new build can be very difficult.

Have the ability to add entire groups to the dashboard and any new builds added to that group are automatically added to my dashboard. We have many teams that group their builds within a group, but then as they add new builds to that group they are forced to also add that build individually to their dashboard.

17 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Change project grouping to tags

Instead of a project only can belong to one Group, most of our Projects are part of a lot of Things. Microservices that both are general and related to a specific solution. Allowing for the possibility to Group components that make out a system and the Octopus user can then select the "perspective" aka tag that reflects their world

19 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • List/View Deployment Projects by Environment, Server and Role Tag.

Would like a way to list/view all deployment projects by Environments, Servers, Roles with links to each project and perhaps summary data showing how many projects fit this criteria and when was the last one deployed to this criteria and what was it. This added to the Deployment target screen or simply add hyperlinks to tags and server names throughout.

9 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base