General

1. Add Export/Import buttons in project UI

We have dev and prod instances of Octopus Deploy. I’ve created a deployment project on the dev and then we needed to copy it to prod. We didn’t find Export/Import buttons in project UI. My colleague opened https://octopus.com/docs/api-and-integration/octo.exe-command-line/export page and told, that it’s too complicated and it will be easier to manually duplicate all steps on the prod Octopus Deploy.

Could you please add to project Octopus UI Export/Import buttons , that will provide same behaviour as octo.exe CLI. It’s ok to implement just the simplest scenario with default parameters and have a note “if you need more control, use…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Octopus Cloud - Packages - show total amount of space used

It would be nice to be able to see how much space packages are taking up for an Octopus Cloud instance and whether you are reaching the max amount allowed. The maximum space allowed in Octopus Cloud is not documented I believe.

It might be helpful to have this knowledge so we know when to use Octopus Cloud's built-in repository to host packages versus utilizing an external package feed from elsewhere.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scope variables by Date

Add the ability in the variable editor to set a variable value to only be used during a specific date range. Dates should be able to exclude year. "Every Oct, Nov, Dec" for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move the Load More/Load all buttons to be closer to tenants

In multi-tenant implementations, the Tenants screen only shows 30 tenants. When the left side list of Tenant types, upgrade rings, hostings, etc, exceeds the height of the list of tenants, the "Load More and Load All" button/link is pushed to the bottom of the page and requires a user to scroll to see there are more tenants to choose from. This has caused us to miss several tenants when making configuration changes because it looks like we are seeing all tenants on the screen.

I have a screen shot but I don't know how to submit it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to disable some standard step templates

We want to standardize on some templates that all developers can use for their deployments. That because we need to add compliance checks on all code before promoting to Production.
    the 'Run custom script' built-in step is dangerous because that opens the opportunity to do more or less anything.

As an Octopus admin I want to disable some of the built in step templates.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clone channel

It would be very useful to be able to Clone a Channel.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Separate Web Portal From Application

To keep in line with security best practices...

It would be incredibly useful to be able to separate the Web Portal from the Application server.

This would allow for greater control and will enable "physical" separations of duties for the administration/configuration items from the deployment items.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add last date modified field to Variable Views

Add a last date modified field on variables. I think it would be very useful, so it's evident where regression may have occurred between releases and so on if someone makes an update in a group access setting. I know the audit table is useful in this regard, but takes significantly more digging to parse. If you really want to get fancy, show the date, and then if you click it, an audit popup of the last n times it was edited, what date, and by whom.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement "next step" and "previous step" buttons

The idea is to have two buttons on the top of our process steps which allows navigating easily between steps process.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copy Tenant variables from one Environment to another

For every Tenant + Project + Environment combination, there are Tenant variables to fill out. When adding an additional Environment that is to have similar variable values, or if you need to swap out the Environment for a different one, it would be nice to be able to effectively "copy" the Tenant variables from the existing Environment into the new one. Otherwise you are left to manually copy variables.

Sensitive variables could be tricky but hopefully doable.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic Logo Finder

This is a pretty trivial idea, but I like me some logos.
    I suggest on the settings screen when you pick a logo, that octopus could automatically do what I do manually.. and that is look up the twitter account that matches my project and the facebook account and... and show the logo/avatar of each, and let me pick one of those. (perhaps give the option to put a different name since sometimes the obvious name isn't the correct one)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dashboard filter to show specific tenant

Be able to display tenant specific release/project information on Dashboard

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow wildcards in subscription fields

For installations with lots of things it would be helpful to filter subscription events by wildcards. For example, "Prod*" environments to include all production environments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change project grouping to tags

Instead of a project only can belong to one Group, most of our Projects are part of a lot of Things. Microservices that both are general and related to a specific solution. Allowing for the possibility to Group components that make out a system and the Octopus user can then select the "perspective" aka tag that reflects their world

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Administration Apps for Octopus Deploy for IOS and Android

As we know this is the era of mobility and mobile apps, I believe that it is the time for Octopus deploy to have its own mobile apps on Android and IOS. This will be of a great added value for the uses to timely interact, support and troubleshoot specially when they traveling, on move, or unable to access their laptops or desktops.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SSL Certificate Expiry notification with X Number of days

It would be great to be able to set the number of days for which a Notifcation of an SSL certificate takes place.

Due to a number of external factors we normally plan SSL replacements 60 days in advance so the 20 day expiry warning that is currently set will not be viable.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create jobs for recurring tasks. Use permissions to control task jobs by environment.

Create task jobs for recurring tasks. Use permissions to control task jobs by environment, project, node.

The QA Team could be assigned permissions on a task job to run an iisreset on all servers in the QA environment or particular projects in the environment. Dev Leads could restart Windows services on individual nodes in Dev. Right now a user has to be an Octopus admin to run a custom shell script but we don't want the Dev teams to be able to affect production. I'd rather just create a task job so Dev or QA does not mistakenly run the…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Canceled Deployments should show tasks as canceled if they did not complete

When a Deployment is canceled, deployment task lists should show as canceled if they did not complete

Currently, when a multi-step deployment is canceled, the machine shows as successful even if only 1 step is completed

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make it possible to override variable sets within a project

Hi.
    I've a set of projects that are virtually the same except for the values in the variables.

Right now, it is a hassle to setup the same variables in all of the projects I have and it is easy to get variables wrong (yes I use clone, which sort of helps but it is not futureproof).

What I would want to be able to do with variables, is to create a variable set which I can consider a default value set of these variables. These variables can be overriden locally in the projects (usually necessary in development and testing…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Octopus.Migrator shoud not use meaningless "IDs"

Since the content type and name is obviously a unique key (particularly when exporting to files), Migrator should use the name (prefixed by the type name) as the key when linking from other resources, rather than a phony ID that changes when you import.

That is, rather than a Team having MemberUserIds = [ "Users-1" ] it should have MemberUsers = [ "Users-BobCratchet" ] which is both more comprehensible, and unlikely to change in a simple import and re-export.

We do modifications to our Octopus by exporting from production, importing on a dev system, altering, and re-exporting. However, the IDs…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base