I suggest you...

Sending of email step to Teams or variables

Often it would be useful to be able to send emails to all members of a team, or maybe to all users with a certain role in certain environments. This would be useful to send a notification email to the release manager of a project that a release is requiring intervention, and for notifications to the sales department or developers that a deploy is underway. Without this functionality, this has to be implemented elsewhere, eg mail groups etc, but this isnt a nice solution, as it would be preferred to have all of this in octopus

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fredrik Aleksander Kristiansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea, I suppose something similar could be setup with email groups via variables, update them from members of teams through octopus command line tool to pull out the relevant emails and update the variable. It may take a while to script and schedule such a task.

I would also be great to be able to add notification steps at a project group or global level, rather than have to add it to each project individually.

• Andrew Laraia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we need to do maintenance or apply an upgrade to OD, it would be useful to send an email to the team called 'everyone', so they can plan for the anticipated down time. we can do this outside of OD, but OD already has the primary list of users who need to know.

• Feinberg, Jeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We implemented this as a step in our deployment and use a variable to hold the email address We have an initial step that sends our start email and another at the end that sends the completed with the pass/fail state

• Chris Inman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently had some team members change and noticed this was an additional area in the Octopus Project that also had to be kept up. This would be a nice feature to have.

Feedback and Knowledge Base