I suggest you...

Tentacle pulling from server

We have environments that are isolated environments consisting of VM's sitting in their own networks. The only way in/out the isolated environment is via a management server (or jumpbox) Having the Server calling Tentacles forces us to set up port forwarding on servers.

It would be great if a Tentacle could query the server instead of server calling it. All communication would be going out of the isolated environment.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jimmy Larkin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we have this same need in our production environments. I would like to see a 3rd tentacle mode that is just an router mode. Where the tentacle can query from a octopus server and deliver content and instructions for other tentacles that are listening to it versus the server. This would allow the jump box machine to have a tentacle that could be the server target for the machine tentacles in production. We would also not have to open up outbound firewall ports or have more than one octopus server involved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base