I suggest you...

Define Manual intervention on an Environment

I'd like to assign a manual intervention, or "Approval gate", at the environment level, independent of project.

We have many projects that can be deployed to our environments. The lifecycles these projects can deploy to have a mix of Dev, CI, Test and Production environments. Some important environments require approval before anything can be deployed to them (e.g. QA, PreProd, Production).

At the moment I have to add manual intervention steps to every project that could be deployed to those environments. I also have to make the intervention steps are conditional based on the environments they're going to (i.e. I don't want the intervention to trigger when going to dev environments). This leads to a great deal of maintenance to protect these environments, and if I make a mistake is doesn't "fail safe". I.e. if I mess up the logic, or miss a project, it will skip manual intervention and allow the project to be deployed.

My ideal feature would be to put a manual intervention, or Approval Gate, on an environment, so no matter what project is to be deployed to that environment, I can rest assured it can't succeed without prior approval.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)