I suggest you...

Re-label or remove the "Automatically run configuration transformation files" checkbox

The label of this checkbox is slightly confusing - it led me to believe there was a manual process for applying transforms too. Given that when this box is ticked, a default set of transforms are applied, and when it is not ticked, those default transforms don't run (but transforms listed in the additional box DO run) and the process is always automatic, a label like "Apply the default set of transforms built into octopus" might be better. Alternatively, consider removing the checkbox entirely and just putting the pre-programmed defaults (Web.Release.config => Web.Config, Web.#{Octopus.Environment.Name}.config =>Web.Config) into the box as a default. There is then no need for this checkbox or the explanatory note below it

TLDR: the tickbox is not for deciding between automated or manual application, it's for choosing whether to run a pre-programmed set of transforms. The label should clearly reflect this, or the checkbox be removed and the default transforms put in the "advanced" box instead

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nb my octopus is 3.5.2 but the latest docs imply this checkbox is still labelled thus

Feedback and Knowledge Base