I suggest you...

Allow for specific files that were added by OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles, to be excluded in package

I cannot not use /p:OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles=True with MSBuild. This parameter is absolutely indispensable. It is not even an option.

However I do not want all the files in the build to be included in the package.

The nuspec file and the exclusions ability therein does not allow to exclude files that were added by OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles.

The effect of this is that I can’t use one of the best features of Octo : deploying to IIS.

Because of a few files that I can’t exclude from the build, I need to deploy to a folder, remove the files that I want, and then copy that modified folder to the folder that the IIS site is pointing to.

I completely lose the ability to have IIS setup of a site safely in a system, backed up , effectively documented as it is the single source of everything – all because there is a file in a nupkg that I can’t get rid of.

Please consider allowing an option to remove specific files that OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles added. Even if this is in the nuspec file. This is incredibly important.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google