I suggest you...

Allow cloning of tenants

It should be possible to clone a tenant including it's current configuration in a similar way to that you can clone whole projects.
Tenants tend to be similarly configured with only minor changes to each one so it would save time rather than having to configure each one from scratch.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ross shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a long time OD user, but fairly new to using tenants. I've just stumbled across a glaring omission -- the need to clone a tenant. Would love to see this feature soon.

• NeutronCode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better would be to have a linked base template where you can add or override default variables. Similiar to TeamCity's configuration templates. A major part of having a automatic build and deploy procedure is to avoid human error and uncertainty. Which unfortunally Octopus now is a major contributer to (all though great software and team at octopus). Simply, to be able to depend on preconfigured templates to avoid human errors is where Octopus is lacking. We have been able to remove alot of the insecurity among our team in our build and deployment procedures thanks to Octopus and TeamCity and I feel this is the next step to provide even greater security and confidence in deploying to new customers.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful having the ability to Clone a Tenant but also the ability to clone\copy the variables from one Environment to another. Quite often the difference in configuration between environments are minor aswell.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloning or templating of Tenants would be a great feature. I've got upwards of 150 Tenants that are very similar with only certain variables needing to be changed. Would be a lot faster to clone one and change the bits I need instead of having to create each one from scratch!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very beneficial for us to have the ability to Initialize Tenant template form with an existing Tenant's values. Especially the ability to clone an tenant variables

Feedback and Knowledge Base