(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminOctopus Developer (Admin, Octopus Deploy) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminOctopus Developer (Admin, Octopus Deploy) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry this took so long to action.

For the v4 release, we added the time to the title/hover text of this label (which you can use now), but you’ve all raised good reasons about why the time should be shown directly in these deployment/task cells.

Time will be included in the next 2018.5.2 patch release for the dashboard / task cells, shipping early next week.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a script that does this every 5 secs to refresh the time on the screen. Clearly it would be very simple to add the time. You could even have it as a setting option so it was off by default.

var releaseItem = document.getElementsByClassName("style_date__1SpQz");

for(var i = 0; i < releaseItem .length; i++)
        {
        releaseItem[i].innerHTML = releaseItem[i].title.split(',')[1] + releaseItem[i].title.split(',')[2] ;
        }

window.setInterval(function(){
        var releaseItem = document.getElementsByClassName("style_date__1SpQz");

for(var i = 0; i < releaseItem .length; i++)
        {
        releaseItem[i].innerHTML = releaseItem[i].title.split(',')[1] + releaseItem[i].title.split(',')[2] ;
        }
        }, 5000);

• Michael W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would the developers be able to make this a priority? Obviously a small amount of work that would make a HUGE difference in the usability of the Dashboard.

• Joe W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? The time is in the title it would take a dev 2 seconds to move it to the inner html text.

• Michael W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful to many users! Please implement this as soon as possible.

In our case, during development we release throughout the day and we need to see the time of the release.

• Rogier Versluis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do multiple test builds a day, the dashboard only shows the date. Can there be a configurable option to also show the time?

Feedback and Knowledge Base