I suggest you...

Remove Mono/Calamari dependency for SSH connections and deployments

For every process run on SSH, Mono is required on the end target machine as we rely on Calamari for each process. With our recent extensions into other package types, and script types, removing this dependency would give a much larger range of targets and uses. It would allow for greater scripting.

Adding this suggestion to find from the community how useful this would be - please add comments below about your potential use / server config or really anything relevant to why this is important for you.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminVanessa Love (Admin, Octopus Deploy) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need for Mono scares off non .Net devs. Would be nice to also use Ocopus for java and native applications on linux

• Peter Mayberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RHEL server doesn't support installation of mono, so this keeps up from being able to use octopus for a number of our Websphere MQ and Tomcat deploys that we run on linux. Please remove the mono requirement. Thanks!

• mathieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have packages that deploy on windows systems and other that execute scripts (SQL / Bash / KSH) on Unix / Linux and AIX machines.
        We can't Install Mono on AIX and some Unix systems.

Removing the Mono dependency would be great !

Feedback and Knowledge Base