General

1. Reliable OST to PST Converter

OST file is one of the database files used by Microsoft Outlook. Its main purpose is to serve as an enabler for working offline even when the connection to Exchange is not live. In such scenarios, the changes you make are later synced to the Exchange Server when the connection is back live.

If there are any errors or corruption issues in the OST file, the information stored within it comes under risk. This is mainly due to the fact that OST files, unlike PST files, cannot be opened independently of the Outlook profile that created them.

So in all…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permanent fix for Octopus-Jira integration to evaluate release notes for dynamic pckages

Permanent fix for Octopus-Jira integration to evaluate release notes for dynamic pckages.

This is critical for end to end visibility in Jira.

https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6652

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ATS OST to PST Converter

The most prominent way to convert corrupt OST file into PST format is ATS OST to PST converter software. It is very trustworthy so you can trust on this for converting the data of OST mailbox along with all properties mailbox, inbox, journals, task, calendar, contact, sent items, junk mail, attachments, and etc. this software supports all version of windows up to latest Win8.1(32 and 64 bit). And MS Outlook version (97, 2000, 2002, (XP), 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 (32 and 64 bit).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office 365 Backup

For keeping the Exchange Online mailbox safe, it is crucial to export Office 365 mailbox to PST and keep its backup locally. This prevents O365 accidental data loss from any kind of issue or human error. Usage of the eDiscovery tool is one way to migrate Office 365 to PST format. Another method is taking the help of Office 365 Export PST software such as the MailsDaddy Office 365 Backup Tool. An error-free utility that resolves all Exchange Online backup process issues and gives the successful result. While migrating Office 365 mailbox to PST Outlook it preserves the HTML formatting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show worker name in Task Log

Please add the name of the worker machine to the task log when a deployment is made. It is a small change which I think will be easy to add.

Reason/Rationale/Context: We were working without workers/worker pool and we just had a few deployments that we were setting up to run on our Octopus server. My colleague added a worker and without me noticing what I thought was running on the Octopus server was moved to the worker. I knew I had the dependencies my script needed installed via Octopus on the Octopus Server (like a trusted root certificate and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. deploy EAR/WAR on IBM WAS ND 8.5/9.0 cluster

Dear Sir,

request you to make setup of IBM cluster - two mode ( one cluster for DEV and another for UAT ) then request to install any EAR ( not WAR) record then replication/substitute for UAT fully scripted way using python/Jython. -

Regards
    Anis

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow setting Build Information WorkItems

Currently Push Build Information API and command line ignores values set on WorkItems field, only to auto populate with values once one of the Integration extension is enabled.

Please allow Push Build Information API and Command line to
    - Set WorkItems with values set on request
    - Do not override values even if Issue Tracker extension is enabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cloud: Support my local time zone

I would expect there to be a place in setup where I could enter my local time zone. Then subsequently all dates/times would display in my current time zone. This would include dashboard dates/times as well as Release Versioning.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the CLI to fail if the --skip step name does not exist

When our Azure DevOps build runs it does a deployment to our Dev environment and specifies step names to skip with the Octopus CLI and the --skip argument. However there is nothing stopping someone from renaming the step in the Octopus process which then means we're no longer skipping the step. I would prefer that the Octopus CLI fail when doing a deployment with a --skip step name that does not exist in the process.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Execute adhoc data updates with sql on Jira

Hi it would be useful to have execute scripts feature on Octopus for data config changes to be picked from jira.
    This will help to select dev env and validate SQL and use as test evidence to run on prod env.
    Auditing abilities on octopus can be further enhanced by attaching script execution to Jira also. All major releases have database changes along with binary deployments, it is imperative we keep audit history for data changes also.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to set application URLs for each environment, allowing linking from dashboard

It would be great if the Octopus dashboard, which displays the current releases of each application in each environment, contained links to the applications in the specific environments. E.g. if the box displaying details of the most recent deployment of Application X to Environment Y also contained a link to that app in that environment

We presently maintain this info outside of Octopus, in Wiki pages etc, but it’s a pain to maintain.
    It would be great if this was directly available in Octopus, because the matrix of applications to environments is already there. Forcing users to access the links…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. codebuild

Add an official Octopus plugin for AWS CodeBuild to integrate with Jira.

https://octopus.com/docs/managing-releases/issue-tracking/jira#availability

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Outlook OST to PST Converter

ATS OST Converter saves recover OST mailbox items into various file formats such as HTML, MSG, EML, vCal, etc. Using this tool, one can also repair their corrupted OST files, recover deleted items, and migrate OST to Office 365, Outlook Stores, and Live Exchange Server. Try a trial version of this tool to convert the first 30 items per folder. ATS OST to PST file different then you can rapidly defeat your rinsing, calendar, emails, or additional dominant group by Best OST to PST Exporter Online Software. This means constituent definitely manners out when you are the procedure to your…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a customizable drop down list for favorite projects (per user).

We have hundreds of projects in dozens of project groups in Octopus. As a DevOps engineer I have occasion to work with many projects over the whole system.

The filter by project and project groups are helpful. But what would really be helpful is the ability to go into a project - hit a * to make it a favorite, then on the dashboard tab have a drop down list of all my favorites that would take me directly to those projects.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create RPM packages for Calamari

For Tentacle deployment targets on Linux, you make RPMs clearly available: https://octopus.com/docs/infrastructure/deployment-targets/linux/tentacle

However, for SSH deployment targets on Linux, there is no RPM (or apt, etc...) for the Calamai package. Most Linux admins (rightfully) like to manage deployment targets with Puppet profiles, or similar, and the idea of manually installing Calamari directly on the servers creates configuration drift, and goes against most devops principles.

Could you make binary packages available for Calamari like you do for Tentacle?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let users select apps to deploy for a Jira issue

Currently our workflow for indicating/knowing what app/s need to be deployed for a Jira issue or a Jira release (of multiple issues) is to manually enter/bundle up these from the Jira issue descriptions which we fill out.

What would be amazing though would be if the Octopus Jira integration plugin rendered a smart "section" into the Jira issue, where you could (1) select which apps need to be deployed (from Octopus), and (2) then get a read-only envs+releases matrix like in the octo dashboard so people can see where it's deployed currently.

Furthermore, on the Jira release/deployment page (assuming this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow worker pools to be compatible with ALL process steps

Worker pools only are compatible with two OOTB Octopus process steps (deploy a script, deploy to cloud). My team heavily uses the 'Deploy a Package' step, but this step is not allowed to use worker pools. This is quite an oversight and should be a prioritized feature in the next sprint.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 'dotnet octo pack' multiple packages in one command (Octopus.DotNet.Cli)

The OctoPack project is great for Framework projects. We add the nuget dependency to select projects and add /p:RunOctoPack=true to our build script. The build script does not need to be updated for every new, removed or renamed octo-packed project.

SDK projects are less automated. After building, we have to run dotnet publish, then octo pack for each project. It would be great to define 1 build script, then update the projects as needed to pack or not.

Idea to attain goal:

1. Add element <IsOctoPackable>true</IsOctoPackable> in csproj that works similar to IsPackable.

2. Allow dot net octo pack to point…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Kubernetes Cluster Worker Pools

I am on a cloud account using shared worker pools. This is great, but using shared pools means Octopus Infrastructure is running my deployments and I need to wait for a worker to free up.
    Also shared workers do not have a fixed IP so I cannot limit the IP addresses that can communicate with my Kubernetes Master, an attack vector I would like to close.

It would be great if when setting up a Kubernetes cluster, my Octopus cloud account asks if it can run workers inside my cluster.

An issue with this is that the worker will run…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add dates range in Octopus task filters

if we can have date filter in the task section then it will be ease to get the data for a particular time period.

TASK ---->Advanced Filter

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base