General

1. Add the ability to disable specific environments to all but system administrators

When we're doing mass maintenance to an entire environment, it would be useful to be able to disable non-admins from doing things to that environment, and display a banner (e.g."Deployments to production are disabled while servers are being re-racked") without stopping activity in other environments.

Looking for something much like the system-wide maintenance mode, except environment specific.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ip restriction

Customer has requested we add some basic IP level restrictions to the Cloud instances when accessing via VPNs or other restricted networks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to limit updates to specific variable sets to specific groups

We'd like the ability to lock down a specific variable set so that only specific teams can update the values in that variable set. We want to be able to have variables that multiple teams consume but only admins can set the values.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Octopus Server on Linux directly

As a Octopus Administrator I should be able to install Octopus Server directly on Machine with Linux operating system.

Now, there is only version with Linux container and in some cases docker can be unnecessary abstraction layer, that need to be maintained with OS machine.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create deployment step skipped or failed as subscription-eligible events

We would like to get notices when any deployment process either skips a step (for instance because there are no available targets) or when a step fails.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a changelog link to the "New Release" notification

Currently the "New Release" notification pop-up only contains the new release version number and a download link.

It would be infinitely more helpful if there were also a link to the changelog page.
    The link cloud be generated from the current version of the octopus server along with the latest release version to show the user the changes that will be included in this new release of Octopus.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include an environment variable or another method to set the server url for the docker images

At the moment there is no way to set the server url without going into configuration -> nodes in the GUI. For Ingress this is required to be first set up before requests are directed to the URL. It would be good to have the variable or some way to do this before container start without accessing the GUI. See: https://help.octopus.com/t/server-url-env-variable-for-docker/26543/2

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow runbooks to be configured not to run immediately after a missed scheduled trigger

Runbooks can use triggers to start on schedule. If the OctopusDeploy service stops for any reason, a runbook that has missed its schedule will run as soon as OctopusDeploy become available. This is suboptimal where the missed trigger was powering off some VMs overnight and runs during your core hours, for example. This behavior should be configurable, much like the "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" setting in Windows scheduled tasks.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Users to Define Their Own Default Task Log View Settings

When viewing a task log you offer 3 settings:
    1. Expand
    2. Log Level
    3. Log tail

They default to Interesting, Info, Last 20

In my position, those settings are almost always unhelpful - I have to change the selections with every task log I view, and in my position I view a ton of them a day.

I'd like the option to set my own personal Task Log View default values so that when I click on a task log my preset selections are automatically loaded and the task log is in my preferred state on page load.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Depreciate Variable Sets

Variable sets cannot be deleted until all project, release, and I assume runbook references are removed. Since it can take a long time for releases to age out, a Depreciate flag that can be set once all Project references are removed would be great. This flag would prevent adding the Variable Set to projects (and hidden from the selector).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update documentation for "Updating Linux" runbook example to include additional successful exit codes

A code sample at the following URL is incorrect:

https://octopus.com/docs/runbooks/runbook-examples/routine/updating-linux#:~:text=To%20create%20a%20runbook%20to,and%20then%20click%20ADD%20STEP.

The script under step 7 of "Create the Runbook" section (CentOS/RHEL) should be updated to reflect the existence of additional yum exit codes which indicate successful execution. Currently, this script does not account for exit code 100. From 'man yum':

"DNF exit code will be 100 when there are updates available and a list of the updates will be printed, 0 if not and 1 if an error occurs."

This can be corrected by introducing a compound conditional as follows:

if [[ $? -ne 0 && $? -ne 100…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a customizable drop down list for favorite projects (per user).

We have hundreds of projects in dozens of project groups in Octopus. As a DevOps engineer I have occasion to work with many projects over the whole system.

The filter by project and project groups are helpful. But what would really be helpful is the ability to go into a project - hit a * to make it a favorite, then on the dashboard tab have a drop down list of all my favorites that would take me directly to those projects.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create RPM packages for Calamari

For Tentacle deployment targets on Linux, you make RPMs clearly available: https://octopus.com/docs/infrastructure/deployment-targets/linux/tentacle

However, for SSH deployment targets on Linux, there is no RPM (or apt, etc...) for the Calamai package. Most Linux admins (rightfully) like to manage deployment targets with Puppet profiles, or similar, and the idea of manually installing Calamari directly on the servers creates configuration drift, and goes against most devops principles.

Could you make binary packages available for Calamari like you do for Tentacle?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: Resizing web browser deletes unsaved form data

When filling in a form in Octopus Deploy, for example to add a deployment step or to add new variables, if you resize the window all unsaved data is lost.

Whie I acknowledge this is unlikely to affect many people, I've hit this a few times when taking some screenshots for documentation purposes. It's fairly annoying.

I think it happens when the page switched from one responsive layout to another. For example, when the project sub-menu hops from the left side of the screen to the top of the screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to set application URLs for each environment, allowing linking from dashboard

It would be great if the Octopus dashboard, which displays the current releases of each application in each environment, contained links to the applications in the specific environments. E.g. if the box displaying details of the most recent deployment of Application X to Environment Y also contained a link to that app in that environment

We presently maintain this info outside of Octopus, in Wiki pages etc, but it’s a pain to maintain.
    It would be great if this was directly available in Octopus, because the matrix of applications to environments is already there. Forcing users to access the links…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cloud: Support my local time zone

I would expect there to be a place in setup where I could enter my local time zone. Then subsequently all dates/times would display in my current time zone. This would include dashboard dates/times as well as Release Versioning.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add dates range in Octopus task filters

if we can have date filter in the task section then it will be ease to get the data for a particular time period.

TASK ---->Advanced Filter

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Project Group as collapsible panel (like Expand/Collapse)

Can we add collapsible panel (like Expand/Collapse) to Project Group. Most of the time I have to scroll down to search my projects, so it would be easy if we add expand collapse section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a "not" mode for filters

We have a dev cluster set up and working with octopus.

One of the hurdles to creating ephemeral/adhoc debug/testing environments at the moment is the fact that we have to go in and manually map those environments in lots of different places.

Ideally, we'd be able to create a resource (e.g. a kubernetes cluster, certificate, etc), that lets us specify that it is a valid resource for ALL environments EXCEPT production.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Connect project to many tenants at once

There is currently no way to associate a project to multiple tenants without going into each tenant one by one, finding the project, selecting an environment, and clicking Save. For installations with many (tens or more) tenants, this is quite inconvenient, and has resulted in hacky workarounds from third-parties.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base