General

1. Allow multiple and/or wildcard domains for Google OIDC authentication

The GoogleApps authenticator in Octopus is excellent. However it limits you to specifying a single 'Hosted Domain' and rejects otherwise successful authentication if the user's email address domain does not match that one domain.

We have a couple of use cases where we would like to allow multiple domains (with just one instance of the the GoogleApps auth):

1) We operate two brands and so have Google Apps addresses for two domains. We can only enable one on of them for Octopus.

2) We would like tenant users to be able to have limited access. It would be ideal if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an octopack option for dynamically creating dockerfiles

It would be super helpful if I could add a dockerfile to my project and place a #ADDFILES variable in and have octopack dynamically regenerate the dockerfile for me as part of the build step so my output could be a zip file that was 'docker build' ready.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add option to collect artifacts in TFS/VSTS extension deployment task

When triggering a deployment from a build system (TFS, VSTS, or other), it may desirable to collect artifacts produced by the deployment (via New-OctopusArtifact) back to the triggering build. For example, when executing integration tests during a deployment triggered from a TFS build, I would like to copy the test results back to the triggering build for publishing within TFS.

The above can currently be done after the deployment has completed. However, it is challenging to ensure that the correct artifacts are collected since the deployment ID needs to be inferred rather than being well-known as it is within the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Project Variable Filter for Tenants

I was wondering if there has been any thought into making a project variable filter/tag system by tenant. It seems like over time the project variable list could get quite long for large implementations. It would be nice if when setting up a project variable you could tag a tenant or tenants that it applies to. That way it would only show for those tenants. Otherwise it would take the default value for the other tenants. Or something to that effect.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. stop embedding html in the api

We want to scrape and store events from the API so that we can aggregate events to help us understand our usage.

Unfortunately this is made difficult by the embedding of HTML in fields that are inside the json that is returned by the octopus api.

It is rather frustrating because there is a lot of useful information in the details field of an event but they are formatted with html.

see https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/OctopusDeploy-Api/wiki/Events

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Government with MFA

Support for Azure Government account or environment selector.
    Also support for MFA.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Windows Server 2016 Nano Support

Support Windows Server 2016 Nano.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Machine api permissions

It would be great if you could give your machines default permissions to call the octopus API. That way I would not need to expose API keys in source control.

This would be similar to the way AWS supports machine Instance Roles.

This could be something admins within octopus could setup. Ideally you could specify a set of permissions and apply that to the server. The level of permission you grant the server can be set on a machine by machine basis. This would make interacting with the API far easier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. AWS Elastic Beanstalk support

Fully support of Elastic Beanstalk for deploying HA web applications that make use of the built in feature set plus the rich features provided. H octopus.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. NPM and Bower package support

It would be great if Octopus would also support external NPM and Bower feeds instead of NuGet or the internal Octopus feed.

Background:
    Octopus does a great job when deploying Windows software based on NuGet packages. As described in #2183 the NuGet package format isn't always suitable. Octopus now supports to store arbitrary archives in the internal Octopus feed. Although this might be useful in some cases, you don't want Octopus to become a package repository. Octopus can also fetch from TeamCity, but TeamCity is also limited to a NuGet only feed and should be responsible to build software, not…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merging/managing Library Variable Sets

atm we are working with multipule people on multipule projects without any common agreement about naming convention and categorys. the problem is wild growth of varibales. The more we use octopus the more we see overlap of commonly used values. if u want to merge is is dumb work copy pasting form one side to the other side.

the feature i realy like to see is variable manager:
    - var set names are labels/category
    - filter option on labels/category
    - filter not used
    - overview where the variable is used in projects

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick Navigation shortcut key

Recently discovered the quick navigation shortcut in TeamCity and use it constantly! Would love to see this feature implemented in Octopus Deploy as well, including the type ahead functionality and arrow keys support, for quick navigation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. USA Support Hours

I know you are based in Australia, but if there is any way to have some limited support hours in the USA time zones, that would be extremely helpful. It's kind of rough only being able to get maybe one interaction per day with the time zones what they are.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cloud Foundry Support (Pivotal)

We've started looking into handling container deployments with Pivotal Web Services, it'd be great to add Cloud Foundry support as a deployment option, similar to AWS or Azure.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the API or an API abstraction that sucks less

After using Octopus Deploy for the last 4 years. I love the product, but I hate using the API, The current octo.client pretty much mirrors the rest api and using it is cumbersome and clunky. We have gone down the path of 100% automation and because of it, we have run into edges of the api where we end up hard coding guids for variable identification into our code base. Our current path has lead us down trying to automate the setup of tenants and setting their variables. Its painful and we have spent a lot of hours trying to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Channel display improvements

1) Highlight channel name (make it bold and/or different color) on the project's overview page.

2) Add channel name to deployment status on Dashboard (next to release number and date).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to append a build number when using OctoPack

Octopack can parse AssemblyVesion attributes to extract version information, which is great. This enabled me to control the version of the generated NuGetPackage at the time when I check in my project. I like that. My build server generates new packages for every commit to out repository (even though the version might now have changed). Therefore I would like to be able to append the build number to the package Id. This could be done using an OctoPack parameter "OctoPackBuildNumber"

Example: AssemblyInfo.cs: [assembly: AssemblyVersion("3.5.0.1")]
    then the buildserver passes in: /OctoPackBuildNumber -build%build.number%

Result:

MyProject.3.5.0-build5551.nupkg

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Certificate pinning of external feeds

When setting up an external Package Feed we'd like to be able to pin the SSL certificate thumbprint of the external feed to make it even more unlikely we'd accidentally fetch packages from a source through DNS poisoning, redirect or or man-in-the-middle attack.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use Visual Studio Construct a Octopus Project

Octopus was born out of a desire to help .NET developers, why not have someone try this...

Create a custom project type for Visual Studio for Octopus Projects that incorporate these json files.

That would allow a GUI that can easily and ready be documented, it would allow us to integrate them with our source control tools, and more closely align our Octopus projects with our work.

I wish I had those skills, I'm more of a DBA/BI Developer, but I think this idea could work, thoughts?

Keith

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find() methods for DeploymentProcesses API

There does not seem to be a direct way of requesting more than one DeploymentProcess from the API. I am working on a tool that needs to determine all projects that have deployment processes that have steps with a specific TargetRole. As it is, I have to iterate over every project (hundreds of them in our case) and request each process individually to interrogate the step information. I would be better if I could paginate over the processes directly and only request the projects I care about.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base