General

1. Deployment Email Preferences by User

Allow each individual determine what deployment emails they want to receive. Users on multiple teams, or large deployment teams, are bombarded with hundreds emails a day. Giving the user the ability to tell the system they only want to receive failures, or no emails at all, would provide a better user experience. Alternatively, if this is not possible, allowing the system to have a single designated email for deployment notifications. This would allow the users to designate something like a Teams Channel to receive the notifications, and cut down on the amount of emails being sent in general.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload artifacts via UI

Please add support for uploading artifacts also via the user interface.

Uploading reports/approval documents or other files to a release is currently not possible via an upload button. We have to do a workaround using a script that uploads files from a specific folder or using the API to attach files to a release.

Especially during Octopus approval steps people need to upload documents.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to disable specific environments to all but system administrators

When we're doing mass maintenance to an entire environment, it would be useful to be able to disable non-admins from doing things to that environment, and display a banner (e.g."Deployments to production are disabled while servers are being re-racked") without stopping activity in other environments.

Looking for something much like the system-wide maintenance mode, except environment specific.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ip restriction

Customer has requested we add some basic IP level restrictions to the Cloud instances when accessing via VPNs or other restricted networks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup/administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow setting Build Information WorkItems

Currently Push Build Information API and command line ignores values set on WorkItems field, only to auto populate with values once one of the Integration extension is enabled.

Please allow Push Build Information API and Command line to
    - Set WorkItems with values set on request
    - Do not override values even if Issue Tracker extension is enabled

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Operations Dashboard

I use Runbooks to check things in my Kubernetes cluster. I can run these on a trigger, but I have no way to surface them if there is a problem.

It would be really useful if Octopus Deploy had a dashboard that had configurable "Widgets" (or some such thing). You could have several different kinds of "Widgets", but the simplest would be one that has two states, "Needs Attention" or "Fine" (along with some text for context).

So I could define one of these Widgets, lets call it Container Base Image Status (a real example for me). In that widget…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please support deployment to Azure Cloud Sevice (Extended Support) targets

Microsoft opened up a preview for ARM base Azure Cloud Service, which is probably hinting on them moving away from a Classic cloud service deployment model:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-services-extended-support/overview
    Please add support for this type of targets.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add tenant tag support to runbook scheduling

Instead of only allowing explicit tenant selection, add the ability to select the tenants to execute the runbook for by their tenant tags when adding an new scheduled trigger.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Terraform Registries as an External Feed

I would like to use a Terraform Registry as an external feed. This would allow me to focus on certain versions of my terraform code fordeployment.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support sharing of variable sets and script modules across spaces

https://help.octopus.com/t/feature-request-variable-sets-spanning-spaces/26948/4

We have multiple teams and have so far been avoiding spaces because we have no way that we know of to share variables and scripts between teams in different spaces.

We have a lot of shared configuration that we wants accessible by all and with only one source of truth. For example, we have many apps that need to add whitelisting for our build/deploy servers. We store that ip whitelist in an octo variable set so all project can access it. If I need to alter that whitelist I can be confident that if I change the values in…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ID and Name in the html code for SIGN IN button?

We are trying to add our internal Octopus url access through CyberArk privileged access security, but CyberArk is not able to detect the "SIGN IN" button in the login page. Cyberark support said this is due to inspection of the "Sign In" button do not have ID and Name in the html code so Cyberark can't find the element.
    Please can you help us add the ID and Name in the html code for SIGN IN button?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tenants

Display Tenant Name and Description when making selection of the tenant when deploying a release. An environment made by a previous team used the "Name" field to enter some sort of "Id" and on the "Description" field they captured the tenant's name, now is somehow hard to know which tenant to select by means of the Id.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When cloning a process step to another project the list in not ordered or searchable.

Add a filter search to this dialog, and order the dropdown contents alphabetically.

Version: https://octopus.com/downloads/2020.6.4855

Also put a copy icon next to your version number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add parameters to Runbooks

This would be like runbook specific variables, but they are defined on the runbook and don't make sense to be in the published snapshot. They would generally be prompted values, but that shouldn't be required. They would be "snapshotted" when you run the runbook. When you are scheduling runbooks with a trigger, you should be able to provide values to use when the runbook is triggered.

For an example use of these, we have a Runbook that exports data from a database to a CSV and emails it. We have variables for the from and to dates and the email…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Control when Tentacle retention policy step will be executed during deployment

Tentacle retention policy is executed once all deployments steps are completed. When the retention policy step starts running, it blocks any other step.
    This behavior is by design and can't be configured.

This design can cause issues if for some reason the retention policy step encounters issues and takes a long time to complete.

As a workaround we can add a deployment step of a dummy package at the end of the deployment process. As result the tentacle retention is executed at the last step of the deployment.

I would like to have an option to control when the retention…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dashboard icon page target

I manage a multi tenant system and the dashboard is always a pain to use.

First the icon cant be trusted as it dose not accurately show things like a single tenant deploying (The animated icon).

But the real pain is that if I click that icon it takes me to the deployment page of one of the tenants. What I want it to do is take me to a screen for all of the tenants. Something like the tasks screen filtered by environment would be very nice.

Then I would be able to see the true state of all…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add timeout to guided failures

Add an option to have guided failures timeout out and fail after a specified period of time. I.E it no manual intervention is taking in 1 hour have the deploy fail completely.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reorder Tenants

Make it so we can reorder tenants. We have 200 of them and having to scroll down to find our "Internal" tenant is silly. Renaming it to "0 Internal" to make it appear at the top looks hacky.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to limit updates to specific variable sets to specific groups

We'd like the ability to lock down a specific variable set so that only specific teams can update the values in that variable set. We want to be able to have variables that multiple teams consume but only admins can set the values.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Octopus Server on Linux directly

As a Octopus Administrator I should be able to install Octopus Server directly on Machine with Linux operating system.

Now, there is only version with Linux container and in some cases docker can be unnecessary abstraction layer, that need to be maintained with OS machine.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base